The Smith's

The Smith's

March 11, 2010

Seriously?

I remember being younger and going out to dinner with my family. It could be HI's, The Olive Garden, or even just Big Boy, and as long as we were with my mom, the same thing happened. Someone-a server, bus boy, whoever-would inevitably clean the floors right next to our table. They would sweep, mop, vacuum, run the hand-vac, but it was always near our table while we were eating. My mom would smile, laugh, and mention to us this only happens to her. I remember giggling and my dad saying something about how she's just being silly. Now, I'm positive it was true.

The other day Dustin, the girls and I went out to lunch at The Olive Garden. It was nice and empty inside, just a few tables, and quiet, just how we like it. We ordered, shared some breadsticks and salad, and soon our food arrived. Suddenly, I heard it. The sound of a hand-vac, someone running it over the floor right next to our table. I didn't see any crumbs, or the need to clean the floor while we were eating. I have noticed it before, I can't lie, it seems as though nearly every time we're eating somewhere they're cleaning the floor right next to our table! Dustin, and even Laila have noticed! I can't get angry, it's a little piece of my mom I carry with me. It may not be pleasant, it may be an inconvienence, but it gets a chuckle out of us, and it reminds me she's with me always.

1 comment:

  1. That is so annoying and endearing at the same time. I love you! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete