The Smith's

The Smith's

March 19, 2010

You're Amazing!

Today, like any other day, seemed normal. I got up, got the girls dressed and ready to roll, and off to a playdate we went. Nothing out of the ordinary happened, we ate, chatted, and came home. I started some chores, and went to check the mail. Then, it happened. That one little gesture that someone does to blow you away. It may seem small to them, but to you, it's like someone just put the world in the palm of your hand.

I was sifting through the bills and advertisements and I reached in and found a bubble mailer. What on Earth could this be, and which one of the kids is it for? That's what I was saying to myself when I saw my name on the address line! Surely, some kind of mistake! Who would send me mail? I saw the return address and a huge smile was beaming across my face. My *cough*favorite*cough* niece had sent me something! I couldn't believe it! The girl who hasn't made it to the DMV in 7 years to change her last name on her license managed to think of me and get to the post office and send me a little gift!

I was able to contain myself long enough to get in the house, but after slamming the front door I ripped that package open like a child on Christmas morning. Inside, was one of the most amazing gifts I've ever received. It was a little decorative trinket that reads "You're amazing". Now, I already felt like a million bucks, but when I saw that, I felt like I really deserved it! The card was even better! It said "Believe in yourself..." "Because I do!" How amazing is that! Someone out there believes in me. Little ole me! Suburban, stay at home mom, boring, drab, uninteresting me! It's times like these that just make me want to hop on a plane and fly to Chicago, just to give her a hug and tell her I appreciate her.

There's nothing in the world like knowing someone, somewhere out there thinks you're doing a fine job. I've been called some pretty great things here and there, in fact, I've even been called "amazing".

2 comments:

  1. Well, it's finally time for me to come out...I've been secretly stalking your blog off and on :). There I said it. I saw your blog address on facebook. Just thought I'd say hi and at least let you know that I was stalking you. You have a beautiful family and you're going to absolutely love having a boy too. What a perfect addition to your family. You will be in my prayers that your pregnancy continues to go well! Fun that we're due with #3 at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you loved it. I love you. And...you are :) xoxoox

    ReplyDelete