The Smith's

The Smith's

November 18, 2010

I Think I'll Move To Australia

Today was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, too bad my name isn't Alexander, huh? This morning started off with a bang. Kenadi woke me up to use the potty, and as I was pulling her pants down she started peeing. Just what I like, pee on me at 6am when I have to be up in 45 minutes to wake Laila up for school. Fortunately for me, Dustin got up with Laila. That didn't last long though, Little D decided he was hungry and wanted to join the party. Kenadi dozed back off while I was making the bottle, so I thought I had it made, feed the baby, get him back to sleep, and catch a few more zzz's. Hardly what happened. After being peed on by Kenadi, Dustin Jr. just couldn't let that go, he threw up a good half a bottle all over me right in my bed.

I knew Little D had staying power, so I decided to run to the grocery store to pick up Laila's precriptions and a few things on sale. I picked up my things and headed to the pharmacy. The pharmacist had me pay for 3 boxes of lancets, didn't run it through the insurance company, then couldn't find my other prescription. Another woman came to help, and 20 minutes later we were back to square one. She finally managed to get things straightened out, and I headed for the checkout counter. It literally took me almost 30 minutes to ring up just a half a cart of groceries. The front service manager was the one ringing me up, I think I ended up with 6 or 7 receipts, and I was charged for items I didn't even purchase! Someone needs to reevaluate her position. By this point my little man was screaming, and I was almost in tears myself.

Once I arrived home and pulled my son out of his car seat, I discovered he left me a precious gift, all the way up his back! Lucky me! Before I could even change him, I received a call from Laila's school, her sugar dropped to a 42 and I needed to go pick her up. I picked her up and came home to find a load of poop in Kenadi's underpants, awesome! I managed to get everyone to take a nap, but some days I wonder if that really helps, or makes matters worse. The rest of the day followed suit, fights, screaming, crying, arguing, what a mess! For added fun, Qwest, the cable/internet company, shut my service off today. I sent my payment in via online bill pay, and they claim to have not received it. According to my bank, it was delivered 2 days ago. They sure managed to take my money with no problem, but somehow no one wants to claim it. I had to pay an additional $60 to get it back on, and once it was on, only half of it worked.

Dinner was a huge disaster, and while I was cleaning up and vacuuming, I blew a fuse and lost power in my bedroom, resetting the clocks and turning the fan off. Now my house smells like cow poop and I had to turn the air conditioner on. Bath time nearly flooded my bathroom, and if I have to clean up poop one more time I think I'll move to Australia. My house is messy, dirty dishes are still in the sink from this morning, and I ripped a brand new contact so I'm stuck wearing my glasses. What a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I hear everyone has bad days though. Even in Australia.

1 comment:

  1. Shake it love! You're doing an excellent job! I love you. Have I told you lately, that you're amazing? xoxo

    ReplyDelete