The Smith's

The Smith's

April 01, 2011

Show and Tell!

It's April! Spring is in the air, the temperatures are nearing the 100's already, and I am already feeling confined to my house! Lovely!


I've decided to start a new set of posts for the month of April! Each Friday will be "show and tell" day! I hope you enjoy what I choose to show and tell you about!


Crayons! And not just any old crayons! My crayons! I happen to love Crayola crayons, and in case you were wondering, I don't share. I have my own personal box of 120 crayons hidden up high in my closet. On the rare occasion I sit down to color with the girls, I take out my crayons and make it very clear they are not for sharing! The girls have easily doube the amount of crayons I have, and the way they use and abuse them, you can't blame me for wanting to keep their little sausage fingers off of these!


All those pretty, pointy tips! They make me so happy! Did I mention the smell? When I open that box of crayons, and I get that first whiff, I know they're Crayola, and I get the biggest smile on my face! They have such a distincive smell, it brings me back to my childhood when I once dressed as a red Crayola for Halloween! Wait, did I just say that?


120 crayons is a lot to choose from, but this one is my favorite. Can anyone guess what color it is? Yes, clearly, it's brown, but not just any brown. Sepia. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that's it, that's the one lucky crayon out of the bunch that's been selected to be my favorite!

I hope you enjoyed show and tell for today, I hope you return next Friday to see what item will be featured!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I have MY crayons and MY markers too :-) I don't share either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I missed this one. And you know I have to go out and buy me some so we can sit and color right. lol

    ReplyDelete