The Smith's

The Smith's

January 14, 2012

Rise & Shine

Today, there's an online auction going on in the City of Maricopa, and I'm proud to day I'm a part of it! Rise & Shine is a local, non profit school in Maricopa for students, struggling for funding to provide the basics for the needs of these children, they have started fund raisers. Today's auction is all food, and I'm thrilled to have been outbid on almost everything I've bid on!

Straight from the parents of these children, this is how they describe their school: Rise & Shine is a non-profit private school for special needs and gifted students in grades K-12, offering a year round schedule. No tuition is accepted; the program is funded through grants, scholarships, and donations.

I donated 3 separate items, a dozen cupcakes, a dozen cake balls, and an order of sweet rolls. Each item has a starting bid lower than the actual value, with the hopes of the items selling at a much higher price to raise additional funding. The goal is to provide iPads for the children who are in the most desperate need of help, those who are non verbal, or who have special needs and require additional help communicating.

I'm so happy to be in a position to donate, and to also be able to bid on some of the other items listed! I'm so proud to be a part of a community that pulls together for causes like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment