The Smith's

The Smith's

May 06, 2011

May Photo Challenge, Day 6

Finding a photo to fit today wasn't easy, though I have had a general idea of this since I was little. All that's missing here is the white picket fence.
Day 6- A picture of your dream house...
I grew up in a nice house, it was always big enough for everyone no matter who was around. It was clean, and we never wanted for much. We didn't have a housekeeper, the most expensive furniture, or the newest game system, but everyone always wanted to hang out at our place. You could feel the love, the walls were always bursting at the seams with laughter, and that's what I want for my family, my children. This house is just an example of the beautiful home I hope to one day have for my family. I must admit, the appeal of a two story house, flush with windows galore, a wrap around porch and gorgeous front door is all I ever wanted when I was growing up. I always dreamed having the "best" of everything would make us the best, but I now know all these things are just things, and what I had was the best. Even now, I don't have a lush, green yard, I have rocks and dirt-but my kids can still play. I don't have a wrap around porch-but my kids can sit in the driveway or play on the sidewalk. The size of our house doesn't matter, it's the laughter that rings through the air, the smell of cookies baking in the oven, and the toys strewn about the living room. That's what makes a house a home, and that's what makes me happy. My dream house? I think I'm already in it.



1 comment:

  1. I love this post. Couldn't agree more.
    -Nessa

    ReplyDelete