The Smith's

The Smith's

November 28, 2011

Gratitude Photo Day 24, 25, 26, & 27

Ok, ok, I fell really far behind and I apologize. I'm going to catch up and hopefully finish this challenge out on time! I'm still unsure what to photograph for some of these, but I'll give it a go!

Gratitude Photo Day 24:
Gratitude

This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to covering the word "gratitude", I don't think there's a single photo that can capture all the things I'm grateful for, but these beautiful babies are a great place to start.

Gratitude: Gratitude means to be thankful for something, and to show what I'm thankful for isn't easy! I am so incredibly blessed, I have beautiful children, an amazing husband, a house we've turned into a home, and everything in between. I'm able to provide food, clothing, and the little "extras" for my family that, to some, are not even an option. I'm grateful for so many things, words can't express them all. Most of all, I'm grateful for the simple fact that I have too many thing to be grateful for.

Gratitude Photo Day 25:
Artwork

This is a sample of the artwork I have hanging in my home made my Laila. I proudly hang these pictures in my kitchen, and can't wait for the day when Kenadi and Dustin Jr. are old enough to create masterpieces to fill more frames throughout my house!

Gratitude: I'm grateful for my children, the love and joy they bring really makes this house a home. I'm happy to be able to display their artwork in my home, I'm happy they're proud of the work they do.

Gratitude Photo Day 26:
Transportation

This is my minivan, my most recent birthday present, and pretty spectacular. This is not what I imagined I'd be driving at 27 years old, but it's really not that bad! Fully equipped and safe, it can carry my family from point a to point be in style!

Gratitude: I'm grateful for such a safe and reliable vehicle, and for the ability to afford it. I wouldn't have the life I do without my amazing husband who works so hard for us.

Gratitude Photo Day 27:
Daily Routine:

This isn't what any mother wants for their child, but this is all part of our daily norm. Laila has since switched to an insulin pump, but almost all the other supplies remain the same. Blood sugar checks 8 times a day, it almost seems endless. Some days it runs our lives, but most of the time, we run the show. You can never predict what Laila's sugar levels will be, but you can be prepared for them. 

Gratitude: I'm forever grateful for such a strong, independent little girl. Laila controls her life, and her diabetes. She smiles through the pain, laughs through the tears, and still manages to encourage me throughout the way. I'm grateful for the ability to supply her with the help she needs, to live so close to an amazing hospital, and to have a great support system. I'm grateful she's mine, and that God decided this is the life we need to live. 

1 comment:

  1. You are so amazing Joli! Seriously, I am glad to call you my friend. It might be I'm already emotional this evening but I almost cried reading your post! Now, I'm off to do my catch up!

    ReplyDelete