The Smith's

The Smith's

November 30, 2011

Gratitude Photo Day 30

Wow, it's hard to believe, but it's finally over! This challenge was pretty amazing, it has opened my eyes to so many things I have taken for granted. I say my prayers every night and thank God for all that I have, but the smallest things often get dismissed, and this has brought them to the front of my mind. I love how I have examined so many little details of myself through this challenge. Thanks for following along, and thank you, Jessica, for sharing this with me!

Photo Challenge Day 30:
Self Portrait

I know this isn't a traditional self portrait, but I think it really defines me. A little hidden, a little mysterious. I am forever trying to fly below the radar, to just simply fit in-whatever that may be. I'm insecure, self conscious, doubtful, scared, and forever second guessing myself. I'm strong, independent, temper-mental, sassy, and witty. On a good day, I'm caring, generous, selfless, loving, and soft. I'm a wife, a mother, an aunt, a godmother, a daughter, and a sister. What really defines me from the rest, I'm not sure I'll ever know for sure, but I'm happy being me. I've found the man of my dreams who loves me for who I am, and I love who I am when I'm with him. 

Gratitude: I'm grateful for the life I'm living. I'm so thrilled to be alive, healthy, and happy. I'm grateful to have the freedom to make the choices in my life that I feel are best, and to have such an amazing husband and family to support me along the way. I'm grateful for this challenge, how it's opened my eyes to see things in a new light, to appreciate the little things in life, and to see the inner beauty of so many things I've seemingly looked past before.

1 comment:

  1. That doesn't even look like you! You are a wonderful person but never fly below the radar in my book! This was fun!

    ReplyDelete