The Smith's

The Smith's

November 01, 2012

Gratitude Post 1

I try and count my blessings each and every day, I have so much to be thankful for, but November always brings out the spirit of posting a daily blog about the things in my life that make my heart skip a beat. This year is no different than the last, I have so many blessings in my life, it's time I recognize each and every one of them.

Day 1-I'm grateful for my husband. 

Cliche? Probably. 

Do I care? Not one bit.

This past week D has been on vacation, and it really gave us time to reconnect. We have spent the days laughing and playing games, spending time with our kids and working on our home. The nights have flown by as we discussed our hopes and dreams for ourselves, our children, and our marriage. I have a greater appreciation for the hours he spends away, and he has a better feel for the endless hours I pour into housework, raising our family, being a wife, and finding time for everything in between. We've had more than our fair share of bad moments, but we pull through and look forward to the good times that remind us why, every day, we still choose each other. He's constantly striving for the next best thing, he works hard so I can afford to stay home and raise our children to the best of my ability, and he trusts me to do so. When I need a sugar coated fairy tale, he's my man, but when I need to hear the truth, he tells me like it is. Together, we have traveled across the country and started a new life, we've laughed, cried, been scared and laughed until we couldn't catch our breath. The memories we've made are priceless, he's the best friend I always dreamed of having. Without him, I wouldn't be here, today, right now, posting this blog, so tonight, I'm thankful to have this man standing behind me in my corner every minute of every day.



1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! There wasn't one ounce of "cliche" in this post! It was all 100% pure and honest and from your heart. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete