The Smith's

The Smith's

November 04, 2012

Gratitude Post 4

With still so many things to choose from, my gratitude posts shall continue! This is such a fun time of year for me, I love looking around myself and seeing all I have to he thankful for.

Day 4: I'm grateful for housework.

Sounds crazy, right? Grateful for housework? It's much deeper than that. I'm glad to have a home to clean. I have a nice, fairly new washer and dryer, and plenty of clothes to keep my children warm on cool days. I have a dishwasher, and enough dishes for my family to eat off of, and a refrigerator full of food to feed them. I have a new vacuum cleaner, and carpet in my home to keep clean.

When I left home for the first time, I was still a child. I had someone helping me with my laundry, the cooking, and even the grocery shopping. That wasn't the life I wanted, but this-what I have now, is exactly what my dreams are made of. Loads of laundry, piles of dishes, lunches to pack, floors to clean, beds to make, groceries to buy, bills to pay-I'm grateful to have these things, these chores, in my life. It means I have the money in my account to pay the bills, to buy food, a home to live in, beds to sleep in, and clothes for my family. I may not have it all, I may not always have enough, but what I have is enough for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment