The Smith's

The Smith's

November 16, 2012

Gratitude Post 15

Did I miss another day? Appears so. Darn it. Here's another double whammy.

Gratitude Day 15: I'm grateful for my washing machine.

There are days I literally watch the laundry pile up around me. 5 people in 1 house is no joke when it comes time to do the chores. That's 5 dishes to clean after each meal; 5 pair of shoes at the end of the day to line up by the door; and 5 outfits to wash when it's time for clean clothes. No one in our house wears pajamas more than one night, so add 5 pair of those in there too. In fact, I believe I blogged about this once before, it eventually got on my nerves so bad I had to create a schedule for washing clothes! There's not a single day that I don't have a load scheduled. To keep this home running smoothly, I just suck it up and push through. If I get behind a day, you better believe we all notice!

I know back in the day, washing machines didn't exist, and that just blows my mind. The scene from "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" pops into my head, when Charlie's mom is washing laundry in those big nasty bins. Not my idea of a good time. And back then, families were huge! Tons of kids! Sounds nearly impossible to me! I may be too reliant on modern conveniences, but this is one things I truly appreciate!


No comments:

Post a Comment