The Smith's

The Smith's

November 10, 2012

Gratitude Post 10

Tonight, I'm having a hard time counting my blessings. I'm thankful for this blog, it reminds me to look around closely at the things I take for granted. It's easy to get frustrated with my kids, but I have them, they're healthy and they're mine. I get discouraged looking at the mess in my living room, but my home is safe, dry, and paid for. When I get down, I take a minute to think about how fortunate I really am.

Gratitude Day 10: I'm grateful for long distance friendships.

I have friends here in Arizona, great friends, and I love them dearly. But I also have friends that don't live here, and they hold a special place in my heart. I loving being able to pick up a phone and send a text, or find something special in the mail waiting for me. The reassurance of knowing there's someone out there thinking of me, it's a satisfying feeling.

I love having lots of friends, some friends I can cook with, others I can party with. Some of my friends like to read, others love to dance. My long distance friends, we have a special bond. We don't get to watch Grey's in the morning and drink coffee while our kids play, we can't grab a drink at happy hour, and we can't spend the afternoon shopping and getting pedicures. We have to rely on a each other, on a realationship that can't be seen, but that can be felt. Our visits are sometimes far between, months, years even, and that doesn't change anything. We have the ability to pick up where we left off, slip back into a smooth routine and easy conversation. These are the moments that make our friendships worth it. There are times it would be easier to just skip the phone call, walk past the card aisle and pass on the few minutes it takes to address an envelope, but that's what makes these friendships survive. I'm grateful for them, for the special people in my life who have stayed by my side even when it's not easy, even when I'm not there, even when we don't talk for days or months. You, my friends, mean everything to me.

Brandi-Lyn! 
Nessa!
Nicole!
Tony!
p.s. Jessica, there is no photo of us...I'm sorry!

1 comment:

  1. oh boy...this one brought tears to my eyes bright and early in the morning. my life would suck without you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete