The Smith's

The Smith's

November 10, 2012

Gratitude Post 9

I fell behind a day, but that's alright. It's my blog, and I do what I want. And today, I want to post two, so this is counting for yesterday. It's still hard to choose just one thing each day to be grateful for, and some of them I'd like to repeat already (framily!), but I shall press on and pick something new.

Gratitude Day 9: I'm grateful for books

I've been a bookworm ever since I can remember. I have memories of sneaking into the back of my closet to ready when my mom told me to go outside and play, or times when I would hide a flashlight under my pillow so I could just finish one last chapter even though it was past bedtime. When my mom was sick, she spent a lot of time in bed. I would read to her every night, as long as she'd let me. Sometimes, after she went to sleep, I'd read ahead and never tell, I just couldn't wait for the next night to see where the book was taking me. Books have always been an escape for me, an alternative reality where my problems are long forgotten, and I'm focused on the characters. I love finding a good author, one that can take me many places, transform my mind somewhere else, it's breathtaking.

As I watch my kids grow, flip through books page by page, I adore the way the crave more. It's like watching my self all over again, as a child who just can't get enough to read. I hope my kids grow up to love books as much as I did, and still do.


No comments:

Post a Comment