The Smith's

The Smith's

November 05, 2012

Gratitude Post 5

It's getting even harder to choose the things that I'm grateful for, because I know the month won't last forever! It's so inspiring to feel overwhelmed with blessings each and every day. The holidays are never an easy time for me, I harbor a lot of bitter feelings from my past, and this helps me to move forward and on with my life.

Day 5: I'm grateful for "Framily". (Disclosure, the picture below is not meant to offend anyone, I don't have a picture of everyone I feel falls into this category, but this photo best depicts the small group of people I intend to include).

I have a pretty large family, in fact, it's so big there are many members I've never even met. However, none of them live close by. The closest members are easily 6-7 hours away by car, an hour or two by plane. The phone is great, but nothing compares to having someone close to your heart be close by for a visit, a helping hand, or offer the support only a family member truly can. That being said, I have had to make my own family, out of the friends I've selected for myself. These people, I call my "framily". We're not all the same age, nor are we at the same place in our lives, and that's what makes it so special. Some of these women can offer advice and experience, others ask me for help. The mutual relationship I have with these women, their families, we've blended in a way I've only read about in storybooks. They're the ones I turn to when I'm down, the ones who I can count on when I'm in a pinch, the ones I share my laughter with and the ones who wipe my tears. I'm grateful for them, at this point in my life, I've never had friends-framily-like this.


1 comment:

  1. I'm offended! Jus' kidding! I heart you every day RoliPoliJoli!!

    ReplyDelete