The Smith's

The Smith's

November 19, 2012

Gratitude Post 19

Today was another normal day, then something extraordinary happened. I received a message from my friend, Tony. We've been friends since high school, and known each other since elementary school. I affectionately refer to him as, "Ma unny!".

Gratitude Day 19: I'm grateful for long-term friendships.

I talked to Tony today for what felt like hours. Video chat on Facebook is the most amazing invention! To be able to see his face even though he's so far away, it warmed me from the inside out. I'm go glad we've been able to maintain a friendship though so many years have passed. There are thousands of miles in between us, and we've only been able to see each other twice in the last 10 years, but he still knows me, he gets me, and I know I'll never find another friend like him.

We sat by each other on the bus in elementary school, but didn't become close until high school. Our junior and senior year we were inseparable, we went to prom together, had sleep-overs, and told each other everything. Years have passed and we've both grown, we don't talk as much, but when we do, we pick up wherever we left off. I know when I go back home for a visit, there's a familiar face eager to see me. I look forward to many more years of friendship and laughter with him.






No comments:

Post a Comment