The Smith's

The Smith's

November 09, 2012

Gratitude Post 8

I'm grateful for many things, big and small. Some can be seen, others can only be felt or heard.

Gratitude Day 8: I'm grateful for music.

I've always been in love with music, I played the flute for years, and eventually added the baritone, too. I participated in marching band, concert and symphonic band, and my senior year of high school I taught 5th grade students to play brass instruments, and I absolutely loved it. Playing used to fill me inside, it was something I could do for myself, no one could take it away from me, it was mine. Eventually, I stopped playing and started listening. I fall asleep listening to music every night, and have a wide genre of bands and musicians I love listening to.

I find myself listening to music more and more often lately. Whether I'm just washing the dishes and need something to groove to, or if I'm having a bad day and need a pick me up, music can almost always change my mood. Certain songs remind me of people, places, times I've had-some good, some bad-and it's always amazing to me how that happens. Memories can be jogged by hearing the opening chords to a song I thought I'd never hear again. I'm grateful for the passion I've always had for music, and for those who have the passion to keep producing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment