The Smith's

The Smith's

November 11, 2012

Gratitude Post 11

Another long day has passed and it's nearly time for bed. As I reflect on the day, the month, the year, I am grateful for so many things. Tonight, I'm choosing something completely and totally superficial, and I don't even care. 

Gratitude Day 11: I'm grateful for television.

I don't get a lot of "me" time, and when I do, I love to indulge in mindless television. It's a true story. Tonight, I'm watching the train wreck "Breaking Amish". I watched the very first episode and thought it wasn't for me, but I got sucked in and now the season finale is on. I don't record a lot of television shows, typically I'd rather read, but every night before I go to bed, I like to unwind by watching someone else's drama.

As a mom of 3, I'm very selective of what I let my children watch. There is a small number of shows I allow them to watch, but when they are allowed to watch it, they are usually glued to it! If I need a shower, a few extra minutes in the morning, or some time to get chores done, I'll admit to turning on the boob tube for a quick break. 

Taking a car ride has never been easier now that I have a vehicle with a dvd player in it-Dora to the rescue every time! Without it, running errands would take a lot longer, long trips wouldn't exist for us, and getting my son into the car would be nearly impossible! Thank you, modern technology!


No comments:

Post a Comment