The Smith's

The Smith's

January 15, 2011

12 inches

Yesterday was my weigh in, and when I got on the scale, I wasn't exactly thrilled. Not even 5 total pounds down, and I feel as though I've been starving myself for 2 weeks straight. Each weigh in, we also take measurements of parts of our body. We measure neck, chest/bust, waist/hips, and 3 places in the arm and leg. I was astonished at the total inches lost yesterday, it definitally made up for the lack of total pounds dropped!

After my fat loading, my beginning weight was 203 pounds, and I weighed in at 189 pounds yesterday! That's a grand total of 13 pounds in 2 weeks, not to shabby! I will admit though, I weighed myself again this morning and was down to 186.8, the lowest weight I've seen in years (and making my total weight loss 15 pounds)! Anyway, back to the measurements. My original measurements were enough to make me ill, I can't believe the way I've let certain things get out of control. This week, total inches lost throughout my body totaled 12 inches! I could hardly believe it! I lost inches in places I didn't even know could shrink! My neck lost a half an inch, my thigh lost two inches and my hips lost over three inches! It's almost unbelievable, but I just love it. I feel great, and I am starting to feel like my old self again.

My weigh in this morning of 186.8 put me in such a pleasant mood, I could hardly believe my eyes. My new scale alerts me when I've lost more than 2 pounds since my first weigh in (I started using it a few days ago for the first time), and it lit up this morning! How exciting! It also lets me know my BMI each time I weigh on it, and I'm very pleased to say mine has dropped from 33.2 down to 28.6! That's huge, 4.6 points! My goal is 26.8 or less, so not too out of my reach, but within the healthy range for my age and height. 

My goal weight hasn't changed, I'm just setting new, smaller goals to reach in between here and there. It feels fantastic to see the numbers dropping, getting closer to each goal I set for myself. My goal for this week is 185, and I'm so close! I have until Friday to drop another 1.8 pounds, and I'm positive I can do it! Anything below that is just icing on the cake! Mmm...cake icing...


It's so wonderful to have an encouraging husband and friends to share this with along the way. I am well on the way of my journey of weight loss and rediscovering who I am, and who I want to be! Thanks again, everyone, for the awesome words of encouragement!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing wonderful! Can't wait to see the final side-by-side before and after picture! My coworker's been on HCG 4 times and I now know all about it. It can get frustrating after the first few weeks because you don't loose as much but keep your head up and don't give up girl! You're doing amazing!

    BTW: Have you done any apple days? Those are good to help you when you're feeling like you're not quite loosing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are amazing girl. I cant wait till my weight starts drooping more. I love the HCG

    ReplyDelete