The Smith's

The Smith's

January 11, 2011

Off Day

Yesterday was sort of an "off day" for me, I was feeling exceptionally frumpy, fat, and lazy. I bought a new scale to start weighing myself daily after the "HCG" part of this diet is over, and when I stepped on it, I was shocked, and not in a good way. My last weigh in, Friday, was 193.2 pounds, so when I saw 194 I was devastated. I decided to wait it out, try again first thing in the morning after upping my water intake.

The rest of the day seemed to follow suit, I made a mess of everything I touched! I was dropping things on the floor, spilling things on the counters, and I just didn't feel up to par. To ice the crappy cake, Dustin got called in last night for this morning, a 12 hour shift on his day off! It upset our whole evening, I had to cook meals for him to take to work on short notice, and he had to get up at 4:30am. Furthermore, I had to get up with Laila and find her a ride to school so I didn't have to drag 2 sleeping children out in the cold at 7:45am. It wasn't shaping up to be a very good day.

Last night, snuggled up in bed, Dustin looked at me and told me I'm beautiful. I almost cried, had I not been so tired! It was so sincere, so genuine, and I felt like I could tackle the world. Today, my to-do list keeps growing, and I haven't managed to check off a thing. I am still in pajamas, and so are my kids. I haven't showered of brushed my hair, or my teeth. I have managed to waste a good hour on Facebook today, and Dora is on television, keeping Kenadi occupied. Underneath all my flaws, I'm beautiful, because he told me so. I constantly have to remind myself that life is only what you make of it. If he thinks I'm something special, than I better believe him. Love is what makes our world go around.

I am feeling more motivated than ever to start tackling my to-do list, I even invited a friend over for Kenadi to play with! The chores will not beat me, neither will a few pounds. I can't let a scale run my life, and I can't get discouraged when the chores aren't all finished on time. My kids are clean, fed, and healthy. My marriage is thriving in a world of failure. I am loved, and I am in love. What an amazing feeling to fall asleep to, and a great outlook to wake up with in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. You ARE superwoman Joli! It's ok to have a down day just kick the day's butt the next day! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...it is alos a known fact that every scale is different. The scale in my bathroom is 4 pounds off from the one in my gym. Don't be discouraged! You are amazing!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete