The Smith's

The Smith's

January 05, 2011

He Loves Me

NYE I had a few friends over, and more than a few drinks. Thing were fun, we had a blast, and everyone was safe. Between the 3 of us, we managed to put away over a dozen bottles of beer, 2 bottles of champagne, 1 bottle of wine, and some liquor too. Thankfully, we all were adults and took proper precautions and behaved on the safe side.

Yesterday was garbage day. The stack of bottles and such that I threw in the garbage bin outside was on top when Dustin went to put the rest of the trash in. He asked me if I hid them so he wouldn't get mad. The thought never crossed my mind, but it did get me wondering. Why doesn't he get mad? He had to work that night, miss bringing in the new year with our family, and had to return to work the next morning, just exhausted. He should be jealous, to say the least. He told me he was glad I had a good time with my friends, and was more than pleased to see the house remained clean and the kids were tucked in their beds by a decent hour.

It has taken us both years to come this far in our relationship, and I see 2011 being the best year for us yet. We have both made changes in our lives, and the support I see us having for each other is outstanding. I truly believe we, together, are unstopable. Things haven't always been this great, it's obviously no lie, we have had our share of problems, troubles, ups and downs, but things are only what you make of them. There is nothing I will ever let get in the way of the love I have for my husband.

When you get a few girls together, the alcohol flowing, and the children in bed, everyone becomes a little less stuffy and a little more loose with their words. I was a little surprised to hear the girls speak so highly of my relationship, and to hear them claim how much my husband loves me. Really, really loves me. I wonder if, at times, I take that for granted. My life has been full of struggles, some easier than others, and letting someone in, letting them love me like he does, has been one of the hardest walls to climb yet. I don't feel as though I love myself enough to appreciate the love he has to give.

Last night, we spent some time together, just doing husband and wife things around the house. He helped me prepare some food for our day today, we looked through some recipes together, and watched a tv show on the couch. Nothing out of the ordinary, but to me, it seemed pretty spectacular. I can see now, the pieces of the wall falling and how he has fought so hard to make it through. I am so thankful we have the rest of our lives to enjoy each other, and I know he loves me. Really, really loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment