The Smith's

The Smith's

January 02, 2011

HCG

Today is the big day! I'm starting the HCG diet in the hopes of dropping some excess weight quickly, and from my entire body. I must admit, the diet is extremly strict, and though I know I can do it, it's going to be difficult. I still have to prepare food for the girls, and Dustin, and without tasting a thing.

The past 2 days I was "fat loading", I did my very best to eat what I could, but after starting the injections, I wasn't nearly as hungry as usual. I did manage to sneak some Taco Bell in on Saturday night, and I think I probably consumed enough alcohol to last me the whole 6 weeks of this diet!

As much as I want to, I'm going to keep myself from hopping on the scale every time I use the bathroom! I have decided to weigh in once a week. After 3 weeks of injections, paired with a 500 calorie diet of no carbohydrates, fats, or sugars, I'm hoping to be down at least 15 pounds! Granted, that's just a tad bit of my real goal, 35 pounds, it's a start. I don't feel as though I'm "fat", just not happy in my own skin. I've lost almost 40 pounds already since having my son, all my pregnancy weight is gone, plus an additional 20 from eating right and taking care of myself. This diet is just an extra boost to get me to where I need to be so I can maintain the right way, with diet and exercise.

I know size is just a number, and so is my weight, but I also know where I'll feel comfortable, and about where I want to be. I want to be doing this for the right reasons-so I feel healthy, have more energy, and feel good about the way I look. If I'm unhappy with myself, and I don't love me for me, no one else can love me for who I am either.

To those of you who have supported me this far, thank you. Keep pushing me in the right direction, I need all the support I can get! Instead of critizing me for my weight gain, praise me for my weight loss, my drive to take better care of myself and be the best "me" I can be.

I hope this helps me to settle into a happier new year, starting it off on the right foot, and for the right reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment