The Smith's

The Smith's

January 04, 2011

HCG Day 3

Today has seemed to be the easiest, and hardest day so far. The HCG diet is strict, to say the least! I find that if I don't eat anything until 12-1pm, the rest of the day seems to go a lot smoother. I have plenty of food to last me each day, I just wish it was more!

The meals I've made myself have been delicious, if I do say so myself! I have been eating the allowed 500 calories a day, and experimenting with new ideas and flavors. Yesterday, by far my favorite, was asian chicken lettuce wraps. I pan seared my chicken with some soy sauce, garlic, ginger, chili powder and ICBINB spray. I cut the chicken into small pieces and wrapped them in fresh butter lettuce, and sprinkled crushed melba toast on top. So, so yummy. I was feeling full once I ate it all, which is a great feeling! Hopefully, that means this diet is really working!

Last night, Laila helped me make home-made barbecue sauce, which I enjoyed on some extra-lean ground beef for lunch. Yes, Sloppy Joe's in a bowl for me! Tonight, I may even convince Dustin to grill my chicken on the barbecue and slather some of my home-made bbq sauce on it, I'm sure it will be devine.

These last few days have really taught me some serious self control, if nothing else. It has shown me just how out of control my eating habbits were, not just in the amount of food I would consume, but the carbohydrates, fat, and sugar. I have taken time to prepare my meals with thought and planning, and I've written down each meal in a daily planner. I never used to read labels, even as of late I would only check the carbs for Laila. I feel pretty good, knowing I'm making healthy choices for myself. I am excited, and not-so-patiently waiting to see what Friday's weigh in will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment