The Smith's

The Smith's

January 13, 2011

Goals

Today, I had another wonderful therapy session with one of my favorite people. It opened my eyes to the facts, and I feel fantastic. Tomorrow is another weigh in, ending week 2 of the HCG diet, and I'm prepared for whatever number I see. Sure, I'd love to drop another 10 pounds, but is that realistic? No. And that's why I'm here today-I've set so many goals for myself that are unrealistic and so far out of my grasp that when I don't reach them, I feel like a failure, and go back to my old ways.

Tomorrow, my original goal was 185lbs, that's 18 pounds in 2 weeks, and even though my first week I did manage to drop 10, I think expecting an additional 8 this week is a bit much. As long as I see a loss, anything below where I was, I will be satisfied. I know I'm doing my best, giving this my 110%, and if it's working, then I'm happy. Let's not forget here, the goal I set for myself before starting this was to lose weight and get healthy! And, since I have, and am continuing to do so, I am completing my goal!

I have the most supportive husband ever, he tells me all the time how beautiful I am, just the way I am. I know he means it, so why don't I? I have been instructed to do so, in not so many words. The power of positive thinking may be the key to turning my life around. I don't want to spend every morning popping anti-depressants-every day winding myself up just enough to get out of bed and flop back down on the couch, and from there to a kitchen chair, and back again. I want to live life to the fullest, and feel good while I do it. I want to enjoy myself, my husband, and my children. I want to continue to set goals that are reachable, fun, and will make me feel fabulous when I reach them. I am awesome. I am strong. I am beautiful. I may not be a size 0, I may not even be the size I want to be, but I'm working on it. I'm doing what's best for me, myself, and I. And it's finally starting to feel good.

1 comment:

  1. omg...you totally just made your own affirmation!!! i'm so proud of you! now...new homework....say that every single day!!! "I want to live life to the fullest, and feel good while I do it. I want to enjoy myself, my husband, and my children. I want to continue to set goals that are reachable, fun, and will make me feel fabulous when I reach them. I am awesome. I am strong. I am beautiful. I may not be a size 0, I may not even be the size I want to be, but I'm working on it. I'm doing what's best for me, myself, and I. And it's finally starting to feel good." there it is!!! yessssss!!!!! xoxoxooxox

    ReplyDelete