The Smith's

The Smith's

January 23, 2011

Day 4 of the 30 Day Photo Challenge

This picture was far from easy to choose. My life hasn't always been easy come, easy go, but it has been full of great memories and amazing nights. Friends, family, even strangers have played a part in many fun filled evenings over the years, but this is the one I chose.

Day 04 - A picture of your favorite night...



I have had so many great nights, so many awesome memories, how do I pick just one? Any mother would choose the birth of their child, but which one? Your first, your second, your last? That hardly seemed fair to pick just one. A wife would surely choose her wedding night, am I wrong? But that didn't seem quite right either. So I had to dig a little deeper, think a little harder about how I got to where I was today, and this seemed like the perfect place to start.

November 2, 2004 was the night this picture was taken. Dustin and I went on a trip to Rockford, IL to celebrate his birthday. We had only been dating just over 2 months, and to say I was nervous would be an understatement. It was a surprise for his birthday, we had a gorgeous hotel, dinner plans, and I even set up dessert and wine to be delivered to our room while we were eating. Dinner was delicious, the evening was flawless, and that was the night I decided in my heart I would marry this man. I knew it before, but I was never so sure as I was that night. He treated me like a lady, not just another girlfriend. He opened doors for me, ordered my dinner, and held my hand from across the table.

We have vowed to return to that place one day, it is so special to us. Getting away, going on a trip as a couple, it was a big step for both of us. Feelings I was scared to admit I had floated to the surface that night, and it will forever be one of my favorite nights.

1 comment: