The Smith's

The Smith's

January 28, 2011

Day 9 of the 30 Day Photo Challenge

I spent quite some time thinking this morning about what exactly I would say when I chose my photo. I kept trying to justify choosing someone else, but I continued coming back to the same conclusion: there is no one else quite like my sister.
.Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most...
 
 
I used to think 13 years was almost too much of an age difference for her to ever understand me. I was convinced she had never faced the same troubles as I had, and we would never be close like the sisters you see on television.
 
I have so many memories that convince me otherwise. I may be some years younger, but we have always depended on each other, she's one of my closest confidants. I remember when my mom was sick, and even when she died, my sister was always there, and she always told me the truth. Never one time did I have to ask twice, honesty was always the first and only option. In my opinion, our relationship was strong before our lives took a turbulent hit, but the death of our mother just brought us closer.
 
She's always been a role model, even when she was away at school, work, or with her own family. My phone log is constantly filled with her number, there's nothing we can't share. I turned to her when I thought I had lost myself, and she helped me find the real me. She encourages me to live my best life, and she's never left my side. Sometimes, I'll admit, tough love was necessary, but it always brought me back to her. I've woken her up in the middle of the night, I've ran away to visit her when my life was falling apart, and I've shared my darkest desires to her, and never one time has she turned me away.
 
I know I have a life-long best friend in my sister, and I am so lucky we share the bond that we do. I know, no matter what, she'll always be there for me. And she will forever understand me when I say, "I want it that way!".

No comments:

Post a Comment