The Smith's

The Smith's

February 10, 2011

6 Months

I can't believe I'm sitting here typing this post. My son is already 6 months old, and it's a feeling that's both joyous and heartbreaking. He's growing so quickly, right before my eyes, and there's nothing I can do to stop it. Yesterday I took him to the doctor for a well check, and, yes, more immunizations. I still, to this day struggle with shots, so thankfully the loving nurses agreed to hold him while I waited outside the exam room.

His appointment went well, he's absoultely perfect, growing like a weed! He weighs in at a whopping 18 pounds 4 ounces, which isn't quite as chunk as you think: he's 28 inches long! I was shocked, I knew he was a big boy, but I wasn't prepared for those numbers! He's going to be very tall, I'm sure one day he'll outgrow me. Gives me something to look forward to, that's for sure. Little D can sure put the food away too! He's eating 3 meals a day, I need to learn to make my own baby food! He has a bowl of cereal and jar of food for both breakfast and dinner, and a baby yogurt for lunch. Don't forget the bottles in between, he's stille eating 3-4 of those a day, usually six ounces at a time. I can't complain though, he sleeps so well, falls asleep with a smile on his face and wakes up laughing. He sleeps 10-12 hours a night and still takes one long 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. He's such a blessing.

This past week he has met some major milestones! I started sitting Little Man up alone and letting him fall, and sure enough, one afternoon I looked over and he sat up on his own! He's such a handsome boy, and seeing him sitting up by himself is just a gorgeous sight to see. He's invented his own version of crawling for now, I caught him doing it today. He gets up on his hands and knees and rocks until his knees are all the way underneat him, and then flops down on his stomach. Repeating the process gets him where he needs to go, and quickly! I am sure in for it once he figures it out and really gets moving!

1 comment: