The Smith's

The Smith's

February 25, 2011

Post 200!

It seems as though I've reached 200 posts long before I thought I would, but none the less, here it is! I wanted to make sure it was a happy post, so here it goes!

Last night, I put Laila in her bed, Dustin Jr. in his crib, and Kenadi and I snuggled on the couch. We watched Grey's Anatomy, shared a snack and an Arizona Green Tea. After our snack, she fell asleep in my arms. I can't remember the last time she let me hold her until she fell asleep. I wanted to savor every second of it, letting her soft breaths fall on my chest, smelling her whispy blonde hair and feeling her soft skin. She was so beautiful, I let her sleep there for almost 2 hours before moving her to her bed.

This morning Laila returned to school after being off for nearly a week! It was delightful to see her smiling, eating a real breakfast, and getting dressed and ready to go. She was in a much better mood today, her cough has simmered down and her fever is gone. She even had a low blood sugar reading, which I haven't seen in over a week. She was in a much better mood, her hair was curly and beautiful, and her smile was radiant. We giggled the whole way to school this morning, and she showered me with kisses before getting out of the car. I just love watching her tiny little legs race to the door each morning.

I took Laila to school, came home, and found my little man was awake and giggling in his crib! I went to get him and we've been playing all morning! Usually, after dropping Laila off, I come home and go back to bed for another hour or so, but not today! Instead, I played with my son this morning. I kissed him, smelled him, changed him and giggled with him. We rolled around on the floor and brought out some toys. He may not be crawling the way other kids are, but he sure can do the worm...


We had a blast playing together, a good solid hour passed before I even realized it. One on one time is hard to find in this house, there is rarely a time when only one of my babies is home, or the only one awake. I'm so blessed, so fortunate to have such amazing children, and to be able to stay home with them, see them grow, watch them learn, and be a part of it all.

Thanks again to all my readers (whoever you are!) I hope you stick around for the next 100 posts! I love blogging, sharing my life with you through pictures, videos, and my words.

All my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment