The Smith's

The Smith's

February 06, 2011

Day 17 of the 30 Day Photo Challenge

Today, I had to decide how recently my life has changed, whether it was for the good or bad. I knew instantly what had rocked my world, both good and bad.

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently...




This photo is just a fraction of the supplies I keep on hand at all times for Laila. Testing strips, lancets, a meter, insulin pens, pen needles, syringes, alcohol swabs, it's like carrying a diaper bag all over again. Her diabetes has turned my entire life upside down. Managing her sugars, counting her carbohydrates, administering her insulin and charting her numbers has become a full time job in and of itself. It takes the life out of me some days, but other days, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude that we now know she's healthy and on the road to a long, healthy life.

1 comment: