The Smith's

The Smith's

February 27, 2011

First Haircut

Since February doesn't always have 29 days, I decided to go ahead and blog about my little man now. I can't believe he's 7 months old, it's so amazing to me. He's doing so amazing, growing every day, I wish I could freeze time and preserve him right where he is.


Today was a big day, Dustin Jr. got his very first haircut! I think it's so crazy, Laila was 5, Kenadi was 2, and Dustin is only 7 months! I was able to save a lock of his hair, and even managed to snap a few photos between my tears. I think it's adorable how a few snips can transform a cute tiny baby into a handsome little boy.
One last picture of the long hair


Not sitting still!


Daddy and Ms. Jen holding him still


Back home, all cleaned up
Dustin Jr. did really well getting his hair cut today, I was concerned I'd be met with screaming and fidigeting, but it went rather smooth. He didn't care for the razor, but Daddy was there to the rescue, to hold him still and keep him calm. I know, he looks dreadfully sad in the photo, but he's not, I promise. Little man now really looks like a little man, it melts my heart into a big puddle of mommy.

I'd love to report that Dustin now has teeth, is crawling, or even pulling himself up-but he's not-and it's fabulous. My girls were doing things well before the average age milestones, and it's refreshing to have a baby that is so relaxed and cool. He does the worm across the floor, and he's so fast there are times I turn around and he's gone! He loves to play on the floor, he sits himself up and sticks everything in his mouth. He's eating 3 meals a day, still having an afternoon bottle and one before bedtime. He sleeps so wonderfully, I make everyone jealous when I explain his 12-14 hour nights!

I never dreamed of having a son, and now I have a true momma's boy. He loves his daddy, and his sisters, but there's no one in his life like his mommy. I hate to see him growing so quickly, he's beginning to feed him self snacks, he says "Da-da" and "Ma-ma", and he giggles like crazy. Having Dustin Jr. has opened my eyes to a whole new world, a brand new perspective, a new life. He melts my heart with his gorgeous blue eyes and his toothless smile. He scoots to me and rubs his head on my legs, I wish this could last forever. I know it can't, and I look forward to what new doors he has in store for me to help him open.

No comments:

Post a Comment