The Smith's

The Smith's

March 01, 2011

Joli's Journal Jar, Day 1

I "stole" this idea from a dear friend, Jessica, and I think it's fabulous! I completed the 30 day photo challenge, and decided to create a new 30 day challenge out of this as well. The Journal Jar! It's an amazing idea, and a fantastic way to be creative with blogging ideas! So, here goes nothing!

Joli's Journal Jar, Day 1
3 Movies I'd Watch Over and Over...


What an easy choice movie #1 was, I could watch this daily and never get tired of it. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is my favorite movie of all time. I can out-quote anyone, anytime, in order of the movie. I've grown up watching it, and have been able to pass it along to my children. What a great movie, it's timeless, amazing, breath taking. It pulls at the strings of my heart and brings out the child in me. 


I watch a movie every night before bed, it puts me in my zen place, it helps me to calm down and feel secure, and it's the same movie, night after night. Lately, it's been Twilight, movie #2. It's familiar, it's predictable. It meets the proper criteria for my bedtime movie: it's at least 2 hours, it's not violent, and there are no creepy, gross characters. I've watched this movie nightly for so many months my poor husband is even quoting it!


Last, but not least, is movie #3, The Departed. I hate going to the movies, it's a known fact. I hate the germs, the seats, the outrageous expense, the people, just the whole experience. This is one of the only movies I've been to see in the past 10 years. Dustin and I went to see it together, and when it ended, we left the movie cinema with our jaws hanging open, and in total silence. There were no words. This movie is just as gripping every time I watch it, and I watch it over and over.

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe...love stealing ideas. Technically I "stole" your 30 day photo challenge so let's call it a trade! How would I have guessed that first one :)

    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 1st 2! Haven't watched Departed, but maybe one of these days! :0)

    ReplyDelete