The Smith's

The Smith's

March 17, 2011

Joli's Journal Jar, Day 17

Well, it's Saint Pactrick's Day, and I'm not in a the best of moods. Maybe today's journal jar will brighten up my spirits some.

"Kid's quotes"...

Since my little man isn't talking just yet, the best I can get out of him is "mamama" or "dadada", which is music to my ears. Those sweet words have remained my favorite as I have watched each of my kids grow.

Laila is my oldest, and has said some of the darndest things, no doubt! Every day something new comes flying out of her mouth, it's like you never know what you're gonna get. Growing up, she used to sit in the shopping cart at Meijer and when she passed someone she would say "How doin doin doin doin doin doin doin..." and it made me laugh so hard! She had such a sweet and fun personality. Another of my favorite things she did was "Diiiiiiipppppp a diiiip a diiiip a diiiip a diiiip" with EVERYTHING in ketchup. It was one quote I knew I could count on from her anytime we ate. Lately, she comes up with the most off the wall things to talk about, nothing really sticks that she says a lot though. But at night, when I put her to bed, I say "I love you, Laila", she replies, softly, "I love you." In the meanest voice I can muster without laughing, I tell her, "I said I love you!" and she does it back to me. It's priceless.

Kenadi is finally blossoming into quite a little talker. She is constantly jabbering on about daddy being at work, or checking the mail, or having a glass of milk. Boy, doe she love milk. My favorite is when she calls the mail, milk. She'll say, "Mommy, check the mailk?" That has to be one of my favorites. When she was a bit smaller, you'd ask her "What doin?" and she'd reply with a loud, "A doooooo!". I miss those days, things were much simpler than. Now, though, "I want somefin to drink, please, por favor!" is one of the best parts of my day. Or, "I'm real real hungry!"

I know as I get older, the things they say will change, so I do my best to cherish them now. My sweet cheeks, I love them dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment