The Smith's

The Smith's

March 08, 2011

Joli's Journal Jar, Day 8

I have been so fortunate throughout my life. Growing up, my dad always planned fun vacations for us as a family, and as I got older, more of my family got involved in the trips. I have taken trips with friends, family, and even the high school band. I have visited the same place more than once, and have very different memories of each time. It's hard to choose my favorite.

3 places I've gone on vacation...


1. Gatlinburg, TN-this is the first place that comes to mind when I think of family vacations. I think 16 people total went on this trip, 4 mini-vans packed full of adults, children, luggage, and everything in between. We had walkie-talkies and cameras in every van, and plenty of food, thank goodness too, because it was a long ride! We stayed in a huge cabin, plenty of room for everyone, with a huge outdoor balcony complete with hot tub and gorgeous view. I have plenty of photos of our trip, but none of them are on my computer, so all you get is a post card.


2. Rockford, IL-when I think of the trips Dustin and I have taken together, this one is my favorite. We had just started dating, and I had a really awesome deal to stay at an all suite property in Rockford, Ill for incredibly cheap. We had 2 whole nights to ourselves, steeling away was absoultely amazing. We went to dinner at the most amazing restaurant, "Cliffbreakers". Still, to this day, if you ask Dustin where he's had the best steak dinner ever, he'll tell you it was there. We made some great memories on that trip, some I'll never forget. I have photos of that trip too, just no on this computer. Instead, you get a picture of the restaurant and bar where we ate.


3. Orlando, FL-this is a city I've visited a handful of times, and have very different memories from each trip. I remember going once when I was younger with my parents and my brother and sister. I took 2 trips with Lakeshore High School's band, and another trip with my dad, brother, and niece. Each trip was a blast, I saw so many things and visited so many places, not one time was my favorite. Since I can't choose, you get a photo of the characters of Disney. I love the parade the best, and taking pictures with the fun cast of my favorite Disney shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment