The Smith's

The Smith's

March 10, 2011

Joli's Journal Jar, Day 10

This challenge has been fun so far, though every question or topic seems so open ended. I hope my readers are enjoying what I have to say as much as I enjoy writing it! Today should be interesting, if I do say so myself.

"Betcha didn't know..."

I decided to come up with 5 items for this, since there is no minimum, and no limit. Since I've already listed 20 facts about myself in the picture challenge, this should be interesting. I'm assuming these facts should be about me, though they could be about anything, like-Betcha didn't know...a cow eats its food and vomits it up to eat it again before it's digested. But who wants to know that, when you could learn more about moi?

1. Betcha didn't know...I secretly want another baby, but I have agreed we are finished having kids. It's the best thing for us financially, emotionally, physically, and mentally.

2. Betcha didn't know...My dream job has always been to be a librarian. It may sound silly, but I love the smell of books, the sound of pages turning, and the thrill of so much information right at my fingertips.

3. Betcha didn't know...I have caught myself watching Dora long after the kids are gone out of the room. I actually enjoy the lessons in english and spanish, and have learned more from watching it than I ever remember learning in high school spanish class.

4. Betcha didn't know...I have a very hard time making friends. I'm terribly hard to get along with, I'm stubborn and opinionated. Aquaintences are a dime a dozen, but I rarely come across someone I can confide in. I spread my thoughts thinly throughout a few select people, but mostly keep to myself.

5. Betcha didn't know...I can't stand to be touched. It's a miracle I have babies to begin with. My kids snuggling with me makes my anxiety rage out of control, and I find it equally as difficult to hold hands with my husband or cuddle at night in bed. Occasionally, there is a break in the cycle, and I find myself holding one of my children in my arms, feeling their breath on me as they are sound asleep, and those are some of the best moments of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Betcha didn't know that you are AMAZING! LOVE to read what you have to say! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete