The Smith's

The Smith's

March 03, 2011

I Wanna Punch Your Face

Today, I am having one of those days. I wanna punch everyone in the face. It's not been a bad day, nothing out of the ordinary has happened, but deep down inside, something is screaming. There is a black hole in there, sucking in all the hatred I feel toward people and letting it brew, manifesting into a pit in my stomach. If I don't get it all out, one day, it'll eat me alive.

I'm not going to name anyone, or even give exact details. I refuse to make anyone feel lesser, or to hurt anyone's feelings, though they've hurt mine plenty. I've been trampled on, talked down to, made fun of, and neglected. I have kept my mouth shut through it all, still smiling and continuing to do the best I can. I still don't know that I believe in Karma, there are people out there who are so selfish, yet they continue to have everything handed to them on a silver platter. They take advantage of the system, and it will forever go unnoticed. It pains me to see the way others behave, and act as though no other thought has ever crossed their mind.

Now that I've said my peace for the day, I'll go back to my simple, yet full life. I'll continue to fold laundry, cook, clean, and take care of my kids. I may not be wealthy, but I am rich in love. I do not live in a huge house, but the home I have, I have worked hard for. My kids are not in the most expensive clothes, but they are clean and well taken care of. That's more than I can say for many others out there, who are more selfish than I could ever dream of being. If you feel guilty reading this, please, take a minute and step back and really look at yourself. It may just be you I'm talking about, and I didn't even have to give any details.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you need a punching bag, I'm SERIOUSLY considering getting one myself :)

    ReplyDelete