The Smith's

The Smith's

March 29, 2011

Joli's Journal Jar, Day 29

I was truly hoping to end the last few days of the journal jar with easy posts, but that's not the case today. Darn.

3 things I'd do if I became a millionaire...

Naturally, when I think of a millionaire, this is what comes to mind. A big fat stack of Benjamins. But, thanks to dictionary.com, I now have the true meaning and a better understanding. Though I was right, there is no cap on being a millionaire, so the possibilities seem endless. 

mil·lion·aire [mil-yuh-nair] –noun–1. a person whose wealth amounts to a million or more in some unit of currency, as dollars.

This asks what I would do, not what I would give away, what I would buy for someone else, or what I would have my kids or family do. With no limit on the amount of money I would have, and there being no stipulations on whether or not the money will ever run out, this is what I've decided.

Write a book
I've always dreamed of being a writer. I'm convinced I'm not very good, and I doubt I'd know where to start, but it's always been on my life list. I want to share my thoughts, feelings, and compassion for writing with the world, and I think if I were a millionaire, I could find a way to make that happen. 
Visit all 50 states
 I want to visit every one of the 50 states. That's not to say I don't want to leave the country and travel to some beautiful, far away lands full of inspiration and love, but this is where I'm from, America is where we have planted our roots. I think it would be amazing to travel the country with my family, to explore each state and all the cultures this melting pot has to offer.
Open a bakery
My ultimate dream, above everything and all else, is to open a bakery. Don't misunderstand me when I say this, I have plenty of dreams for my children, my marriage, and myself, but this trumps them all. I have the floorplan drawn up in my mind, the desserts we would serve, the prices, every last detail. I've dreamed of this like little girls dream of their wedding day. To have the independence of a business owner, and to bring the joy to the customers only a bakery could, it would make my whole life have purpose.

Now that I've expressed what I would do with a million dollars, let me finish with what I already do now. If you ask any stay at home mom, she has a "real job" and gets "paid" like anyone else in the workforce. She works long, grueling hours that never end, and gets paid more than any monetary amount could compare to, she gets paid in love. The other half of the definition of "millionaire" reads this: any very rich person. If you ask me, I'm a millionaire already, and have been for quite some time. I may not have a million dollars in my bank account, but I am richer than anyone I know. I don't own a mansion, but my house is overflowing with love, each room bursting at the seams. I get paid with every "I love you, mommy", and every kiss or hug. If you ask me again what I'd do if I were a millionaire, my answer would be this: nothing. I already am the richest peson around.





3 comments:

  1. Aww Joli! I love that you want to open a bakery. I think you would do amazingly well! I can picture you behind a counter serving up yummy treats with a baby on your hip. Hence, the last part of your post! Love it! You are such a great mommy and wife plus you still know who YOU are....

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. And I can so see you being a baker. I would be there everyday getting fatter and fatter. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. PERFECT! And...btw...you are an amazing writer and think you'd do GREAT at writing a book (I might even read a book if you write one)! You're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete