The Smith's

The Smith's

March 11, 2011

Joli's Journal Jar, Day 11

I love easy posts, things that have a difinitive answer, something to choose. I am really enjoying these journal jar posts, Jessica was so awesmoe to share the idea and I have ran with it!

Favorite vegetable...

Mushrooms!!!


I love mushrooms, all types of mushrooms-button, portabello, oyster, crimini, shiitake, it makes no difference to me! I love them all! Canned, jar, stuffed, grilled, fried they're all delicious! Oddly enough, I won't eat a raw mushroom, they taste bitter and awful, but if it's cooked, it's for me!

I remember growing up and sneaking int he kitchen while my mom was cooking and eating the mushrooms straight from the can. I have fond memories of sharing cans and jars with my sister, too. Now, my girls and I share jars of them while we wait for pasta to boil, or just for a snack. I love that my girls enjoy mushrooms as much as I do, but that means I have to share, and when it comes to mushrooms, hands off! I almost always order mushrooms for an appetizer when we go out to dinner, sometimes as my entree! I love mushrooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment