The Smith's

The Smith's

March 09, 2011

Joli's Journal Jar, Day 9

To prevent my self from sounding like a lush, I'm going to answer this question in multiple segments.


Write about your favorite thing to do when you just want to hang out...

This can be interepreted in so many ways, there are plenty of things I like to do when I just "hang out", it all depends on who I'm with. If I'm with my kids, my favorite thing to do is listen to them giggle! We have pillow fights, read books, the tickle monster usually makes a visit, and we just lay around and have a good time picking on each other.



Most often, the only time I get to "hang out" is at home with my husband, late at night after the kids have gone to bed. We sort of have an evening ritual, some might find it lame, but I rather enjoy it. We sit together on the couch and watch Dexter or The Sopranos and I eat my dessert-an apple. If it's early enough, he'll have his dinner with me, or sometimes just a snack. We talk about our day, and what's in store for us tomorrow.






When I'm alone, I prefer to snuggle up with a good book in my snuggie on the couch with a warm cup of tea, and enjoy the peace and quiet. I must admit though, lately my books have been pushed to the back burner, I've found a new obsession for those late nights alone at home. Grey's Anatomy. McDreamy, you have stolen my heart.



And last, but not least, my girlfriends. When we get together, we're always sure to have a good time! We prefer to just hang out, rather than go out. When we're together, we pull out all the stops, crack out the camera and the funny games, and just let it rip. It doesn't matter what the beverage of the evening is, we managed to drink every bit of it, and tap into my stash in the refrigerator too! Good thing it's only rare occasions we manage to get together, or we might just be in trouble!


No comments:

Post a Comment